We are Mono Constructions, one team with one Goal! To build the safest places on earth, where everyone can be their best. At home, at work and at play. We are Australian owned and are a family values-based construction company founded in 2002.
Mono’s projects span across many sectors including medium density mixed use projects, apartments, commercial and education spaces.
With our values at the centre of our culture, we are now seeking a Design Manager to join our team and build out our Design department from the ground up. You will collaborate with our Project Teams and play a pivotal role in managing and guiding our project designs, from concept to completion.
As a Design Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a clear understanding of client objectives, expectations, and performance outcomes.
- Determine design requirements and develop the design brief, timeline, and deliverables.
- Source, select, engage, and monitor external design consultants, assessing their deliverables, costs, and timeframes.
- Coordinate internal and external teams to submit development applications and construction certificates in a timely manner.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Review design deliverables, provide best practice solutions/efficiencies, and ensure designs comply with NCC/BCA standards, and agreed design requirements.
- Manage expectations and effectively communicate with the project team.
- Understand design compliance, reporting procedures, and processes.
- Demonstrate commercial and contractual awareness when dealing with external design partners and consultants.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the design team, ensuring behaviours are aligned with Mono’s FRANK values, and performance is meeting agreed success criteria.
- Delegate work appropriately
- Communicate project timelines and progress to project managers.
- Support project delivery teams as necessary to achieve final occupation certification and handover.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification related to Architecture, Construction or Project Management.
- 5 – 10 years solid Building Design Management experience across the entire project development cycle.
- Experience in delivering large mixed use residential/commercial projects with a project value exceeding $30M.
- Sound knowledge of Australian Standards, building codes and best practices.
- Experience delivering in compliance with the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020
- Experience working in a structured and procedural environment.
- Excellent stakeholder liaison, time management and written communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit or similar systems.
What we offer you
- A place where can make a positive difference and building out our new Design department.
- Access to our Training and Professional Development Programs.
- A value focused culture – We are Focused, Respectful, we Anticipate, Never Give Up and we are Kind. We call this being FRANK.
- A supportive, engaging and trusting leadership team.
Don’t Miss Out!
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and join an established organisation with some big plans. If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
This is a full time position providing a great opportunity to work with an established and growing organisation who offer challenging work and career progression. If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for email your CV to email@example.com We look forward to connecting with you!